Question

Documents & Certificate Library

• 23 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Good day.

I have Several Assets that have Certificates. That I need to keep together withe asset. 
the same assets I need the have external Inspections on some yearly some bi yearly. 

just wondering how other users are storing Certificates and Inspection Reports

and keeping track of expiry date’s

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I don’t necessarily have to keep them on MaintainX, but one idea would be to put them in the comments. Once you complete the inspections, go to the work order that initiated the inspection. Open it and go to the comments section. Use the document attachment capability to attach the certificate and/or the inspection directly in the comments.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I make it part of the asset. I will make a field and label it documents of what every you want it to say and make the field a photo/document and then just drag and drop the PDF.   

Userlevel 3
Badge

As I get the opportunity now, I add asset documents to the asset similar to who Pat Smith is doing it. For tracking things that I may not need to grab as quickly, and that relate to a specific inspection/year, I’ll add them to the work order. I don’t do this with life safety equipment inspections though. For those, I save them in a folder on our cloud storage with a delete date once the mandated time for retaining those records has passed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I definitely want to +1 @pat smith’s answer of adding the documents and certificates on the asset itself. So many of our clients use that function to make it simple to keep all of the documentation they need on hand. 

Note: You can also attach files to locations, parts, and meters. Attaching files to locations can be a great way to keep track of location specific documents that don’t apply to specific assets/equipment. 

James’ answer to include documents as attachments to relevant work orders can be a great way to include records of documents that occur frequently and are related to specific work orders that you don’t want to necessarily add a high volume of to your asset. 

@Sofus Mikkelsen - do the answers above help or are there any follow up questions you have that we can help clarify?