Industry Trend Predictions for 2024

• 21 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Let's talk about your predictions for 2024! What industry trends do you think might make a big impact this year? It can be related to your specific industry or more broadly around reliability.

Join the conversation:

• Share your prediction: Share a trend that you think will be impactful in 2024 for your industry or organization.
  • Tell us why: Briefly tell us why you think it's a game-changer
  • Implications: What could this mean for your work or others across the industry?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I believe that the upcoming presidential election will affect most industries. We are a military supplier/manufacturer, and the election can drive many politicians looking to be re-elected to support open contracts to assist in getting votes to keep them in office. This is a trend from both sides of the aisle. The election can also drive costs and expenses to go down. They will not be back to levels we have seen previously, but they will help with expenditures just the same. 

As far as affecting myself and the company I work for, we are directly supported by DOD contracts. We just finalized our new contract with the support of senators from our state. This is a big win for us and never would have been possible without their support.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Great point! Election years always throw a wrench into ‘predictable’ market dynamics.