Skip to main content

Hi there, I have been using MaintainX for the past few months, and I really like it for the most part, however, there are some functionality issues I have found, such as:

We have over (100) requesters in our system, but they currently do not receive a notification of a new comment or tagged item within their requested work order.

A requester has to manually check their requested work order for the additional comms; however, they end up emailing or calling us to find out why they aren’t receiving notifications or asking what is happening with their requested work order, which is adding significant delays to the resolution of a work order and unnecessary admin.

It allows you to tag their name in the comments but doesn’t notify them. Having 2-way comms within each work order would streamline the process considerably. 

Currently a requester will only receive notifications when their request is approved, declined or completed.

Proposed improvement: Allow requesters to receive all notifications in app or email for all comments and/or tagged comments in their requested work order.

@M_Lovegrove Thanks for sharing!
Here’s the good news: that functionality already exists within MaintainX! 
Please reach out to your account manager and/or our support team so we can take a closer look at your account settings and permissions to make sure your team gets those @mention notifications. 

I think the in-app notifications feature is still in beta, if I’m not mistaken. A long awaited and much needed improvement IMO. I was only able to view a sample of it briefly, but it looked exactly like what I was hoping for and would solve several communication-based issues we were having. Hope it does well to solve yours @M_Lovegrove !

@M_Lovegrove Thanks for sharing!
Here’s the good news: that functionality already exists within MaintainX! 
Please reach out to your account manager and/or our support team so we can take a closer look at your account settings and permissions to make sure your team gets those @mention notifications. 

Cheers Nick.

I have previously noted this issue with my account manager, but he said requesters only have the option for receiving notifications for “Request Approved”, Request Declined” and “Work Order Complete”.

Basically, we need 2-way comms that include requesters receiving notifications in app and/or via email for any new comments in their requested work order. This a must have for us. 

I think the in-app notifications feature is still in beta, if I’m not mistaken. A long awaited and much needed improvement IMO. I was only able to view a sample of it briefly, but it looked exactly like what I was hoping for and would solve several communication-based issues we were having. Hope it does well to solve yours @M_Lovegrove !

Cheers Mike. Yes, fingers crossed this is implemented shortly, as it is currently hindering our workflow and the resolution of works orders unfortunately.