Logging downtime

• 20 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Are you tracking asset/equipment downtime with MaintainX’s Asset Status feature with your team?

If so, have you added any custom labels to that you’ve found helpful to the Asset Statuses yet?

I’d love to hear how folks are using Asset Status to track and measure downtime.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I use it to track how long we have trucks down at vendors. this tool gives me a great insight on who is my best vendor at turnaround time.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I have added several custom reason labels for the most common issues we have. This is a clean way to document actual downtime reasons so I can discuss/argue the fact that the older equipment needs to be updated or replaced.

What I would like is to have a tab for decommissioning. We have some assets that are decommissioned but are on the books still due to depreciation.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Our custom statuses are:

• Partial Loss of Functionality

• Calibration
  • Cleaning/PM
  • Complete Loss of Functionality
  • Material Change
  • Tooling Adjustment/Change

Do Not Track

• Decommissioned
  • Pending commissioning
  • Removed From System
  • Temporary Standby

We try to use the asset status feature but there aren’t enough triggers/dependencies for it to be reliable. More often than not, someone sets the asset as offline when a work order is made, then when the work order is closed, no one remembers to put the asset back online. Even the prompts don’t always come up when they’re supposed to.

I am tracking the Asset status to track if a asset is unused therefore able to perform PM. What i would really like it to be able to trigger a work order because a status has changed. Best case it could trigger multiple work orders because of one asset status change.