Skip to main content
Solved

Looking to add an additional category to the list

I may not have permissions, but I cannot find where to add an additional category to the existing list.  There are no areas to select under the category tab.  Within the work order it gives and option when you start typing but just goes away when the “+” is pressed.  Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

By default, full users / admins can add/edit categories almost too easily. While creating or editing work orders, typing a category that doesn't exist like you mentioned prompts a new category. Pressing + or the enter key adds the new category on the spot. I accidentally add incomplete categories like "elec" (Electrical) or "troub" (Troubleshoot) multiple times a day because the autofill doesn't pop up fast enough.

Very likely a permissions issue. I recommend asking your organization's site admin for help with this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

By default, full users / admins can add/edit categories almost too easily. While creating or editing work orders, typing a category that doesn't exist like you mentioned prompts a new category. Pressing + or the enter key adds the new category on the spot. I accidentally add incomplete categories like "elec" (Electrical) or "troub" (Troubleshoot) multiple times a day because the autofill doesn't pop up fast enough.

Very likely a permissions issue. I recommend asking your organization's site admin for help with this.

Mike is right! 

@Bill Dake - this is a permissions issue that you can connect with your organization’s administrators to resolve. Let us know if we can help there. 

Thanks all!  I suspected its probably a permissions thing.  And probably to keep exactly what Mike said from happening.  I just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing anything.  Thanks!