Skip to main content
Question

Regions and Districts for Locations

• 17 August 2024
  • 4 replies

I tend to view locations as sites (aka job-sites, property sites).  Is there a way to assign a location to a region, and a district if applicable, and then when looking up locations, on screen, I can see/sort by region, and drill down to district, when needed?

Further, would I also then (if the above is available) be able to see active, complete, in progress, etc. work orders by region, and if needed district)?

Sounds like you’re looking for asset hierarchy beyond the existing single parent-child relationship. I believe it’s in MaintainX’s pipeline, but not sure how far along it is.

Sounds like you’re looking for asset hierarchy beyond the existing single parent-child relationship. I believe it’s in MaintainX’s pipeline, but not sure how far along it is.

Thanks Mike - Not asset hierarchy but similar.  I am looking for a way to see and track locations (sites) by region and district.  When it comes to managing multi-location job-sites or property sites is where this comes into play for viewing workloads, etc.

@CMMSradio Nice seeing you here!! Currently, MaintainX only offers two hierarchy levels for locations, which means you can have a location and sub-locations under them. Here are a couple workarounds for ya:

1- Naming conventions. You can set your locations so its easier to have visibility when looking at locations. E.g: “Eastern Region - Power Plant 1”

2 - To have visibility on work orders that are: Active, Complete, In Progress, per region - I recommend setting up “Saved Filters” with the parameters you usually search for. Example: I wanna see all my work orders for the Eastern Region. So I’ll select the filters to cover all work orders + all the locations in the eastern region and save that filter as: “Open WOs - Eastern Region”. You can set up as many views as you need, and these will give you a quick reference.

Thanks Mike - Not asset hierarchy but similar.  I am looking for a way to see and track locations (sites) by region and district.  When it comes to managing multi-location job-sites or property sites is where this comes into play for viewing workloads, etc.

+1 to @sergiodiniz’s great reply above. 

Our Enterprise customers leverage multi-org and have reporting dashboards that allow Regional/District reporting and tracking. You can see some additional information on that in this blog post.