Requesting hour meter readings with Zapier

• 27 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Loose idea here……  

I’m playing with the idea of getting zapier ( or another app ) to send an email or text to the operator to reply with the Machine hours when MaintainX work order pops up. 

I have it working so the email gets sent out, But not sure if its even possible to have a way to get the data to populate automatically. 

Is there a better way?  we have machine all over town and we are trying to lessen the amount time it takes to collect the data on a weekly basis. 

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey @AndyVillen!

There are certainly some workflow options you could experiment with that would include Zapier, and quite a few different paths that would likely work. 

If I’m understanding your workflow correctly, you are simply looking for an easy way to ping your operators to input a meter reading correct?

Have you tried creating a MaintainX Work Order with a procedure including a Meter reading field and assigning that to your operators? You could have that occur as frequently as necessary with a single field if that is the only data point you need. 

Userlevel 1

Hey @Nickhaase,  

You are correct with the workflow, with the addition of the data coming back being able to update the meter reading. We have over 35 pieces of equipment and close to 3x that many operators that usually drive different pieces of gear daily or weekly. 

I would have a hard time making a case to the owners that everyone needs an account to input hours when using a piece of gear so I was hoping to find a more streamlined way of doing that other than manually going through the pre-ops as they come in. (and quicker, some out of town jobs I wont see pre-ops till a week later) 

Thanks, 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Understood @AndyVillen

For your specific workflow and use case, let’s schedule some time with your CSM to walkthrough a few different ways to approach this. Workstation mode might be the ideal solution, but it will be helpful to get some additional context. 

The good news is, we can definitely help make that process smoother for you and your team!

Userlevel 1

Great! thanks for the info.