Actionable KPIs and Metrics

• 6 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

What are some of the most important metrics you track to measure your maintenance team’s performance?

How do you currently track those metrics? Do you fully trust the data alone or does it only tell part of the story?

What makes those metrics useful and actionable? For example, if you see an increase in downtime, how does that impact the next steps you take with your team?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I use the time tracking feature for my mechanic. I do not fully trust it due to the fact that my mechanic has to click start time for it to start tracking. it would be nice if when my mechanic puts the work order in progress it starts the timer automatically. I use these times to educate my dispatch team on how long normal repairs take. that way if I tell them for example a trailer needs a brake job they will have a good idea of how long that unit will be down for.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am working on getting some data into the system so that I can better show how our volunteers support the museum in relation to Facilities, because none of them have that as a primary function. I don’t see myself tracking my own time on a lot of work at this point. Just remembering to start the timer and stop the timer is a stumbling block for certain! I also get pulled off somewhat frequently being a one man show. I have used it on a couple of specific things to tell the story of how much time a particular exhibit took to repair. I had to diagnose and replace one of the modules which ended up using almost half of a day. Doing this I could show the administration that these are a drain on staffing resources and that will help me more when we look at what additional staffing we need and the skill sets we will want to look for.