Skip to main content

June Kickoff: Share Your Best Practices, Tips, and Tricks to Win $500!

🎉 June Kickoff Challenge: Win a $500 Gift Card! 🎉

Summer is here, and we’re celebrating with an exciting community giveaway. Here’s your chance to win a $500 gift card of your choice (Amazon, Home Depot, Bass Pro Shop - you name it)!

How to Enter:

1. Sign Up for the Community: If you haven’t already, sign up for the MaintainX community.
  2. Share Your Best Practices, Tips, or Tricks: Post a detailed example of a workflow, tip, or trick that has helped your team using MaintainX. Whether it’s a process you’ve digitized or a clever trick you’ve discovered, we want to hear about it! Don’t be nervous, what may sound simple to your team, could be a major insight for others!
  3. Engage: Don’t forget to like and comment on other posts to support your fellow community members.

Submission Guidelines:

• Title: Give your workflow, tip, or trick a catchy title.
  • Description: Provide a clear and concise description of your best practice, tip, or trick. Explain how it helps your team and why it’s effective.
  • Visuals: Include screenshots, photos, or videos to illustrate your example.

Example Post:

Title: Streamlining Equipment Inspections with MaintainX

Description: Our team has digitized our equipment inspection process using MaintainX. We created a custom checklist for daily inspections, which has significantly reduced errors and improved compliance. Here’s how we did it…

Visuals: Include screenshots of the checklist, photos of the inspection process, or a short video walkthrough]

Prize: The best workflow, tip, or trick shared by June 30th will win a $500 gift card of your choice (including option to donate to charity of your choice)! 🎁 The post with the most likes in this thread will win the prize! 

Winner Announcement: We will announce the winner on July 1st right here in the community. Stay tuned and get ready to celebrate!

Join the challenge today and let’s make the MaintainX community a place where everyone can learn and grow together. We can’t wait to see your amazing workflows, tips, and tricks!

Good luck! 🚀

Nick and the MaintainX Community Team

21 replies

Userlevel 3

Loving MaintainX!  Just digitized renewal of AED batteries (five year life).  Once it’s in MaintainX I don’t have to think about it again.  Five years from now, boom!  Work order appears and we address it then.

Userlevel 2

One of the biggest things we were able to do with MaintainX was to digitize our Take-5 (JSA) procedure in a checklist format greying out the rest of the work order until all safety steps and hazard analysis is completed first. This has helped increase safety awareness and train our technicians to stop and evaluate risk before starting work, especially for nonroutine jobs and tasks. 

Userlevel 1

hi we here at Negester south africa are loving the MaintainX app,as this is a retirement resort we have digitized almost all of our maintainance including all our street lights with a weekly inspection and also our safety fance surrounding the Resort, keep up the good work and support 

Userlevel 1

Hello from Florida! 

We use Maintainx for the properties we manage. MaintainX has been such an amazing tool for organization within our team. You can assign task for certain employees/team members. They can give updates on the progress of the task. Upload photos is the greatest part , dont have to type of explain in too much detail where a location of the issue is when you can provide a clear photo of the issue. Continue the great progress. 

Userlevel 1

This has been a major upgrade to our maintenance department. It’s part of our daily lives at work! 

Userlevel 1

Rules to help stream electrical installation and landing wires

If you pick up a tool, use it for all tasks possible to save time between tool changes.  ie. If landing a number of wires or are making up more than one splice, cut all your wire at the same time for length.  Then strip all wire at the same time.  Loosely hold all wires at their respective terminals, loosely tighten just to hold in place.  Once all the wire is in place, one by one straighten all wire, torque all wire terminals or splices at the same time.  Go back through and lock all wirenut splices with electrical tape.  

These are examples of grouping like tasks to utilized a tool in hand once in use.  Tip/trick to cut down on make up time and streamline installations.

Userlevel 3
Badge

one of the latest workflows, was digitizing a daily pool testing procedure. I created a meter for every chemical reading. I can't define PPM exactly in MX so I use grams instead. I set up the procedure to input the chemical test as a meter reading, with conditional logic that will escalate a protocol if the reading is out of the set range, just like a machine. for example if the chlorine level reads high or low, it will trigger a corrective action.   now I have charts that will track the chemical readings through the open season. 

Nice! MX is great for us

Userlevel 3
Badge

one of the latest workflows, was digitizing a daily pool testing procedure. I created a meter for every chemical reading. I can't define PPM exactly in MX so I use grams instead. I set up the procedure to input the chemical test as a meter reading, with conditional logic that will escalate a protocol if the reading is out of the set range, just like a machine. for example if the chlorine level reads high or low, it will trigger a corrective action.   now I have charts that will track the chemical readings through the open season. 

Greenergy loving Maintainx, getting the best value for it, would recommend for any business

Implemented MaintainX into a whole production site, controlling test equipment, facilities and more

I work with the inventory parts, for me being able to receive notifications every time my stock goes low it one of the most important things in MaintainX.

Userlevel 1
Badge

we are using MAINTAINX to try to become compliant with daily shift inspections on our lift trucks, I've made a procedure that is a daily check off of forklift daily checks, its a pass or fail, and it gives us a clean log of all the shifts that perform the inspection and those that do not. no more messy 3 ring binder on the forklift with a mountain of paper that almost never has the checks filled out daily.

so in a nut shell I'm using to become OSHA compliant with our forklift daily checks!

MaintainX has saved us so much time, headache, and …. well sanity! 

We use MaintainX for all of our daily logs for such things as our refrigeration plants, boiler rounds, chiller rounds.

We also use the handy request feature which allows other team members to request work - ie. reactive work orders through a web page.

Another big reason we switched to MaintainX was for the meter readings - being able to track and see graphed values gives us better line of site on our equipment.

The preventative maintenance tracking, organizing, and record keeping capabilities is huge for us, and we haven’t looked back since we’ve switched.

These are all ways we strive to maintain compliance with, but not limited to, CSA, ABSA, B52, ASME, NFC(AE), ABC, Z98 etc.

We have found the new work order template option to be very helpful for procedures that we do often, but not guaranteed to do every day which would make the recurring work order tedious to consistently manage. 

Also the new ability to share the work order with a contractor has been a huge help!

Love all the new features coming out recently!

Hi from Wales! Been using MaintainX to utilise and engage our sites and maintenance staff by allocating hours, costs, parts and compliance from all departments too. It has proven to be a very valuable asset to our company and is now built into many processes within. 

We have digitalised our work permits for contractors, and utilised the new “share” feature to send out our documentation for signing externally. Our fire safety audits are carried out by the app and the digitally made procedure, great function. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Tracking hours for testing our compressor oil has become much simpler with MaintainX. We have our air compressor running 24/7 so it makes it easier for me to remember to send oil samples to the test lab at the required intervals. To keep up with warrantee, I need to have the oil tested every 2000 hours. So I have set a repeating work order for 83 days and it reminds me to take a sample and submit it for testing. This also works for a few of our other machines.

One of the biggest things we were able to do with MaintainX was to digitize our Take-5 (JSA) procedure in a checklist format greying out the rest of the work order until all safety steps and hazard analysis is completed first. This has helped increase safety awareness and train our technicians to stop and evaluate risk before starting work, especially for nonroutine jobs and tasks. 

I love this idea! I will be doing the same here. Thanks for sharing!

I like the way you can keep track of parts you need for the job. 

I work for a construction company, and at the start of this year, we didn't have any maintenance procedures in place. As a result, several pieces of our equipment had been out of service for months. I was tasked with establishing a maintenance division, and after some research, I discovered MaintainX. Now, all our assets are managed within the system, allowing us to track repair costs and compare them to previous expenses when we rented equipment instead of repairing it. Our uptime has significantly improved, and equipment downtime is now rare.

Implementing recurring schedules and preventive maintenance procedures in MaintainX has been incredibly beneficial. I can complete work orders, track all parts and costs, and ensure that future service needs are automatically flagged. MaintainX is easy to use, and I’m thrilled with the results. My next goal is to integrate it with our telematics service for even greater efficiency.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

🎉 Announcing the Winners of the June Kickoff Challenge! 🎉

Thank you all for your incredible participation in our June Kickoff Challenge. It was fantastic to see so many amazing workflows, tips, and tricks shared by our community members.

Community Kickoff Prize: Congratulations to our five lucky winners of the $100 Amazon gift cards! Each of you has been randomly selected from those who signed up and engaged with a post, comment or like.

1. @Craig7227 
  2. @Jesse Smith 
  3. @James Beers 
  4. @Jason.Hoelscher 
  5. @Chris680 

Best Workflow or Tip Prize: A huge congratulations to @jeremy.peterson  for sharing the most liked workflow/tip! You have won a $500 gift card of your choice, or you can choose to donate it to a charity.

Thank you all once again for your amazing contributions and for being a part of the MaintainX community. Stay tuned for more exciting challenges and opportunities to share your insights!

@Craig7227 This sounds exactly the type of thing I’m after.. can you share how you did this? Thanks 🙏🏻