Optimizing Team Communication within MaintainX

• 23 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Have you implemented any best practices for enhancing internal team communication on Work Orders and/or Messages within MaintainX? For example, some teams require photos on all completed reactive work orders or implement custom fields for their team to add additional comments.

We’d love to hear what strategies or methods have worked well for you and your team.

Also, feel free to share any challenges you've encountered and how you overcame them. Your insights could help others streamline their communication processes too!

3 replies

Userlevel 2

We utilize the messaging function across various groups within maintenance. One issue we have is with reactive work orders being completed, but not always communicated properly to return equipment back to production.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I have set all my drivers as requesters that way if they have any issues, they can send me a request on it and not have to worry about telling someone and it never making it to the right person. This also gets rid of the lost in translation issues some have. if they have an issue and they take a picture of it then my team knows exactly what they are talking about.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

All of our leads, supervisors and many in management have rights to request repairs or changes. We have our manufacturing engineer as a full user and he can implement and communicate his recommendations and needs through Maintain X. Having everyone on the program keeps the necessary people up to date on our processes and changes we are implementing.

I have also asked that all repairs and/or changes be documented in the description and comments so there is a good view of any work completed or not able to be completed.