Question

Printer for QR labels

Userlevel 1

Hey there, I'm looking for suggestions on a good label maker for QR codes

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hey @Daniel vanDusen,

While MaintainX can work with any QR code and label, a lot of our clients like using www.camcode.com. They offer rugged metal QR codes that hold up better across the elements.

If you want an introduction to our contact over there, let me know!

I’d also love to hear if anyone else has a label maker/vendor they’ve used and recommend :)

Userlevel 2

We use https://www.sheetlabels.com/ for 90% of the stickers/labels we have on our units. Their prices are fair and you have the ability to make custom labels in various quantities, sizes and out of various materials. I have not tried to use them for QR codes.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I purchased the brother p-550 industrial. It wasn't that much money really, and works awesome, there are some really aggressive adhesion tapes you can get, and also metal tape. Not as durable as a real metal stamped tags, but it will put a label on a hot water pipe with no issue. also I use if for cable wraps, and every other label you can imagine. nice and portable and hooks up to the iPad.  

I put a QR code on a keypad in a dormitory, and then my guys can scan the code with maintainx to get the keypads information, pro codes, etc. I also stick work request portals all over the place. 

Depends on the application i use Dymo labeler 550 turbo

Userlevel 1

brother P-touch

Hey @Daniel vanDusen,

While MaintainX can work with any QR code and label, a lot of our clients like using www.camcode.com. They offer rugged metal QR codes that hold up better across the elements.

If you want an introduction to our contact over there, let me know!

I’d also love to hear if anyone else has a label maker/vendor they’ve used and recommend :)

Hi Nick, an intro would be great, please

I have used the service from https://www.plaquemaker.com/plastic-qr-code-tags?quantity=1&width=3&height=2&production-style=2&backing=22&material=1&shape=1&print-color=2&qr=2&mounting=3&size=2

with varying degree of success.  Time will tell. 

@nickhaase I would love an introduction to camcode.com if possible.  We would like to get all of our assets tagged and find something durable to withstand our environment.  With this I am looking for a way I can provide our existing MaintainX QR codes and have them tagged accordingly. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@nickhaase I would love an introduction to camcode.com if possible.  We would like to get all of our assets tagged and find something durable to withstand our environment.  With this I am looking for a way I can provide our existing MaintainX QR codes and have them tagged accordingly. 

Sure thing! 
Fill out this form and our contact at Camcode will reach out to you directly! https://info.camcode.com/maintainx-labels/

PS: This link is valid for any MaintainX client

I use the dymo labelwriter 450 - it has been awesome, easy to use, and very adjustable to suit your needs!

Userlevel 1
Badge

If you reach out to Camcode they will send you a packet of label samples, I have been looking at them for asset tags for outdoor equipment because they offer weather/UV resistant labels. From a parts labeling standpoint I use a Zebra ZT410 along with Bartender software so I get more flexibility in the label layout and creation. I have sent feedback to MX about expanding there label platform, more sizes and customization.